Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hiatus.

Well, hello there.  It's been a little while.  I really don't have an excuse for my little hiatus.  I did foolishly think that I would have more free time once The Mister returned from his trip because I would have an extra set of hands to help with the kids and household duties.  Silly me!  Instead I just have yet another person in the house demanding my attention!  Honestly, I think it was just a matter of my getting behind and then getting overwhelmed because I felt like I needed to "catch up."  Also, the laptop basically died and getting on the desktop is a rare occurrence for me.  But I got a new laptop for my birthday, so I am up and running now!  I can tell you that I have written many WONDERFUL blog posts in my head - while I'm showering, doing the dishes, bathing the kids, or whatever.  But unfortunately, I am unable to hook my brain up to a computer.  And by the time I find myself at a computer with a few minutes to myself, the words escape me and I find 16,000 other things that I want to do.

Well, then I realized that writing is actually really therapeutic for me and there is no need to "catch up" - this is MY blog.  I am the one who makes the rules!  So, I guess you'll have to just deal with it!  :-)  Anyway, the last 2 months have been a roller coaster - which is pretty much to be expected, I suppose.  I *think* we're ultimately headed up, but it is most definitely a rough and rocky road.  In fact, I don't even really remember the specifics that got us there, but I spent a night on the couch and was very close to moving out of our bedroom into my son's room.  But, communication has been (for the most part) good.  And The Mister seems to be willing to take whatever measures it takes to make me feel safe(r) and (more) secure in our relationship.  So, I guess time will only tell.  We do have our first couples counseling appointment since d-day #2 coming up.

I hope to be able to check in more regularly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment