Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 14

It's been 2 weeks since my 2nd d-day.  Today I got some "tough love" from a few mutual acquaintances between The Whore, The Meddler, and I.  Basically I am stupid for not knowing what was going on.  I am protecting The Mister.  I am playing the victim.  And I should issue everyone an apology.  And then they laid out exactly what they would do in my situation.

'Scuse me??

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I admit that I drug the group into this mess, but I can assure you that you have NO idea what you would do in my shoes until you've been here.  I definitely made big claims that as soon as someone was unfaithful to me, I'd be showing them the door.  Well, things get convoluted when you have as much time invest in as I do, not to mention the kids!!  I am so thankful that I have found a support group of people who are going through/have been through something similar.  In this group, I've come to realize that my reactions are COMPLETELY NORMAL.  I would not wish this hell on anyone, but I do promise that if any of these judgmental people ever come to me in a situation like mine, I will welcome them with open arms and I won't say 'I told you so'...out loud, anyway.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment