Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 9

Today was my first counseling session since D-day #2.  Obviously the affair was the topic of the entire session. One thing we discussed was that I am willing to put in the effort to make things work if he is, but I'm not ready to fully commit to reconciliation just yet. She agreed that she thought that was smart. So, I came home and told The Mister what we discussed. I wouldn't say that it made him angry, per say, but he did seem agitated. His response was actually "Well, *I'm* not leaving you..." I wanted to say "Well, *I* was faithful!" But, I didn't. I explained that I just needed time to make sure that he continued to do what I needed him to do and to see if this betrayal was something that I could eventually get over. He seemed to understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment