Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Magic.

I think I came to a sad revelation this weekend.  We were at a wedding.  I had huge concerns about the ceremony triggering me.  Historically, I have been a huge sap at weddings.  I would get overwhelmed by emotion as the couple stood before everyone and took their vows.  I just loved to see them standing on the horizon with their entire future ahead of them.  I felt the magic.  But this weekend, I felt nothing.  Perhaps it was the fact that I had to wrangle all three kiddos while The Mister was a part of the wedding party.  However, I really do fear that I lost the magic.  I know that there is nothing magical about love or marriage.  I'm jaded.  As I sat there watching the ceremony, all I could think was "I hope your experience ends up better than mine.  Right now, all I see is work and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment