Saturday, February 16, 2013

Peace.

Being a mother is enough responsibility in and of itself, but with The Mister out of town, I have had absolutely zero down time.  Even the little bit of time that I had some friends watch the two bigger kids, I still had the baby with me and I went grocery shopping.  So, this morning I took advantage of today being Saturday and us not having plans until early evening.  I got the kids all settled in downstairs and ran upstairs to take a shower by myself.  As I stood in the shower with the water beating down on my tired body, surrounded by a cloud of steam, and the sunlight streaming through the window on to my face.  And right there for just a moment, my world was peaceful.  I could hear nothing but the falling water and for once in as long as I could remember, my mind was quite.  For just a few blissful seconds, I was just present.  That is, until I started to over-think it.  :-(

And then as my punishment for that moment of peace was that I struggled to keep my mind off all of the crap for the rest of the day.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment