Thursday, February 7, 2013

Precious.

I was walking through the grocery store yesterday.  I just had chunky with me because the older two had a dinner date with their aunt.  Chunky was sitting in the cart, looking up at me with his big, goofy grin.  Suddenly, tears spring to my eyes.  I'm looking at this tiny, perfect creature - so full of innocence - and I can't even comprehend how anyone could be so absolutely selfish to risk everything.  I know as mother, I am often putting everyone else's wants and needs ahead of my own.  But honestly, how completely wrapped up in yourself does one have to be to be so careless to those who depends on you the most...especially this helpless, adorable, PRECIOUS little being.  Over what?  Sex with The Whore?  I will never, ever, ever, ever understand.  I can't even fathom how you can look at his angelic face and feel anything but absolute horror over what you did.  Because that's what I felt that day in the grocery store looking at this sweet, little baby and *I* didn't do anything wrong.  *I've* done nothing but protect him from the day he was conceived.  And yet, *I* feel guilty for your transgressions.  I'm not claiming that I have been perfect in my life or even in my marriage.  But, I can tell you that the day I became a mother changed the course of my life forever.  I was no longer responsible for just myself and I have lived my life accordingly.  Furthermore, not only am I expected to keep these children alive and guide them in the right directions, but I am also expected to be a positive role model in their lives.  I strive to be the type of woman that I would like my daughter to be and the type of woman I would like my sons to marry.  I suggest that you take a hard look at your actions and what messages you are sending to your children.  We were entrusted with precious cargo.  It's time to treat them accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment